Your KCOM password is used in three different ways which we explain in this article.
Your KCOM password is the password that's used:
- With your KCOM username to authenticate your router so that you can browse the internet
- With your KCOM username to log into the KCOM Control Panel so you can change your broadband settings, check usage, change email settings and more
- With your main KCOM email address to allow you to check your emails
It's quite important that if you change your password, you understand that you need to use this new password in those areas. The biggest issue is changing your password will require you to update your router settings - forgetting to do this means you will lose access to the internet until it has been updated with your new password.
Changing your password
Using the Control Panel
- Log into the Control Panel, highlight Options > Security and then select Change Password
- You now need to type in your Current Password, type in your New Password and then type it again to confirm
Something to note
Your password must be at least 8 characters long and contain both letters and numbers.
- When you've finished, select Save
Your password will now be changed.
What to do if you lose connection
You may lose connection to the internet shortly after changing your password. If you do, please try turning your router off and back on again as this should automatically update with your new password. If after 3-4 minutes you're still not back online, please contact our Technical Support team on 01482 606101.