The article below is a guide to setting up your SamKnows box, for the first time.
- Check to ensure you have the necessary parts, these should include:
- 1 x SamKnows Whitebox
- 1 x Network cable
- 1 x Power supply
- Connect one end of the cable to a spare yellow ethernet port on your router. Connect the other end to the port marked 'WAN' on the rear of the SamKnows Whitebox.
- Disconnect any other wired network devices from your home ADSL / Cable router. Plug them into the ports marked LAN1 - LAN4 on the rear of the SamKnows Whitebox.
(Please note the USB port is non-functional)
- Connect the power cable to the SamKnows Whitebox and press the power button on the back of the unit (labelled ON/OFF)
- The Activation LED light (2 revolving arrows) will flicker for approximately 30-60 seconds while it is activating and then stay on solidly once a connection has been made.
- You will receive an automated email within 24 hours o confirm it is all working and we have detected that your unit is operational. the email will contain your login details to view your SamKnows Analytics.