Skip to main content

Applying for a Flex package

Thanks for your interest in taking out a Flex package

Important: Before applying, please review our eligibility criteria to check if you qualify for a flex package.

Flex package online application form

Please complete the application form to apply for a Flex package. We need this information so we can check your records with the Department for Work and Pensions. These records help us to find out whether you are eligible for the Lightstream Flex packages.

KCOM takes privacy seriously. The personal data we collect, the way in which we will collect it and how we use that personal data will depend on the reason for which we have gathered it in the first place. For more information on how we will use personal data, please click here.

Alternative application methods

If you prefer, you can apply for a Lightstream Flex package on the phone or by post.

Call us on 01482 484191

Download, print and post the application form

Flex package information and eligibility criteria

Our Flex Packages are only available to customers who pass the following criteria.

  • Income Support
  • Pension Credit
  • Job Seekers Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Personal Independence Payment
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Universal Credit, with zero earnings*
  • Care Home residents and Lifeline customers who are referred to us via Social Services
  • Care Leavers
  • Employment and Support Allowance (EAS) (Income related)
  • Individuals on the Government’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Shielded Patients List until such time as Coronavirus no longer requires these individuals to practice social shielding
*This means the person claiming the Universal Credit doesn't receive any earnings from employment or self-employment during their Universal Credit assessment period.

Anyone applying must provide us with proof of eligibility with their application. The person eligible (as above) must also be the person whose name is on the bill.

Who can't have it?

We can't provide you with our Flex packages if:

  • You can't provide evidence of the above or are not the person named on the bill
  • You already have a telephone service from another supplier
  • You have more than one line at the same or different premises (unless you have a second line because you're responsible for paying the telephone bill for a relative)
  • Your line is an ISDN line
  • Your line is used exclusively in connection with a burglar alarm or other monitoring services
  • You have ceased and had service re-provided in the last 3 months
  • Your service has been restricted because you owe us money