To protect your Zyxel router from being accessed wirelessly by unauthorised users, you can change your wireless password. For a personal touch, you can also change your wireless name.
Changing your Wi-Fi name and password
- Connect a device to your Zyxel router using an Ethernet cable (recommended) or Wi-Fi.
- Open a new web browser and type 192.168.1.1 into your address bar, then press enter or go.
- You now need to login with your username and password. The username will be admin and the password will be either be 1234, or the password you set previously.
Now select Login.
Password not working?
If the password doesn't work, please contact our Technical Support team on 01482 606101 or via Live Chat.
- Select Network Settings at the bottom of the page and then select Wireless.
- Want to change your wireless name first? Find the setting called Wireless Network Name, delete the text in the box, and then type in a name for your wireless network.
- Next, scroll down and find the Security Level section.
Make sure it's set to More Secure (the green setting) and also make sure the Security Mode is set to WPA2-PSK.
A setting called Generate password automatically may be ticked - untick this, and then type in a password in the password box. This password needs to be at least 8 characters long.
- When you've typed in a name and password for your wireless network, scroll down and select Apply at the bottom of the page.
Something to note
Devices may lose connection after changing your wireless name and password, so you may need to reconnect them.