We’re committed to supporting business customers who are unable to access our services through the usual routes or require additional assistance.
- If a customer is unable to leave their business property due to disability or illness, a telephone or a broadband service might become a vital lifeline so we offer a priority repair service for customers who may be at risk in the unlikely event of a fault occurring on their line. Please call us on 0800 9155 777 to request this. Alternatively, you can use one of our other contact methods on the contact us page of our website.
- Customers who need help to manage their account can nominate a business colleague, friend or relative to receive copies of bills and correspondence without them becoming liable for the bill. The Authorised User is able to raise a complaint or make a payment on behalf of the customer. Please call us on 0800 9155 777 to arrange this on your account. Alternatively, you can use one of our other contact methods on the contact us page of our website.
- We offer a free directory enquiries service for customers who are unable to easily used a printed Directory due to an impairment. Please call 100 free from your KCOM landline to register for this service. Alternatively, you can use one of our other contact methods on the contact us page of our website.
- For customers who have difficulty reading our standard printed material, we offer large print, audio or Braille contracts, bills and other customer communications. Please contact us on 0800 9155 777 to arrange this Alternatively, you can use one of our other contact methods on the contact us page of our website.
- For customers who need to make or receive calls in which some or all of the call is made or received in text format, we offer a Next Generation Text Relay Service that enables customers with hearing and/or speech impairments to communicate with others through telephone or textphone equipment or other devices such as PCs and tablets. A 'relay assistant' acts in the middle to text the speech from the two people on the call. You can even link a 'TextNumber' to your existing phone number to make and receive calls without dialling a prefix.
For full details of the service and how to access it, go to http://ngts.org.uk or contact the NGT Helpdesk on 0800 7311 888 or if using a textphone or the NGT Lite app on 0800 500 888. For calls made using the NGTR services, you will never be charged more than you would have been for the same call made without using the NGTR service. More information about pricing can be found in the Price Manual.
If you receive a text message to the land line and save it by mistake instead of listening to it, then you can call 0845 602 1111 to retrieve it.
- Those customers with hearing impairment and / or speech impairment have the option of contacting the emergency services by text from their mobile. However, you will need to register your mobile phone first with the emergency SMS service by texting the word ‘register’ to 999 (https://www.ngts.org.uk/how-to-use-ngt/contact-999-using-ngt.html).
- Our customers benefit from KCOM preventing calls from being connected to them where the caller does not provide a valid telephone number for their call. We may not be able to prevent all nuisance calls from occurring. If you are receiving nuisance calls please report them to our business care team and they will be investigated. Business care will also be happy to provide advice on actions you can also take to prevent nuisance callers. Call us on 0800 9155 777 to request help and advice. Alternatively, you can use one of our other contact methods on the contact us page of our website.
- Lifelines can be arranged through your local council. It's a piece of equipment installed in your home that can be activated by a pendant. Should you need emergency assistance, simply pressing the pendant puts a call through to a control centre and a trained operator will respond and take the most appropriate action.
Please see the Council websites for more information:
Hull City Council http://www.hull.gov.uk/resident/adult-support-services/lifeline
East Riding of Yorkshire Council http://www2.eastriding.gov.uk/living/care-and-support-for-adults/care-support-and-safety-athome/staying-safe-at-home