What is the DCMS rural gigabit voucher scheme?
As part of their plan to increase gigabit-capable coverage across the UK, the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) provides funding to help with the cost of installing full fibre broadband in rural communities.
We're proud to be a registered supplier of the DCMS voucher scheme, delivering our ultrafast, full fibre services across towns and villages that are often missed from commercial network builds.
Step 2: Read the legal stuff
Make sure you've read and understood the important information below. Any questions, just get in touch.
Step 3: Complete your application
Fill in our form, then hit submit. That's it! You're done.
Important information about your application
Before completing the application form, please ensure you have read and understood the information below. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a call on 0800 240 4038 or drop us an email at GoUltrafast@kcom.com.
You should complete this application form if you wish to apply to the Gigabit Voucher Scheme operated by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (the “DCMS”).
This rural voucher scheme is open to residents whose home address is identified as a rural premise under the Rural Gigabit Connectivity (RGC) programme as determined by the DCMS. Applicants can apply for funding in the form of a voucher for the one-off installation costs and associated survey and equipment costs involved in acquiring a new and better broadband connection (the “Voucher”).
The legal stuff
On this page there are references to various terms and conditions. These terms and a link to where they can be found are as follows:
- Universal Conditions for Residential Services
- Terms and conditions
- Special Conditions - available at the bottom of this page
What happens if my application is accepted?
Upon acceptance of your application for a Voucher, You will be required to place an order for Lightstream Services. Your order for Lightstream Services will be subject to our Universal Conditions for Residential Services. In the event of any conflict between the Terms and Conditions and the Special Conditions, and the Universal Conditions for Residential Services, the Terms and Conditions and the Special Conditions shall prevail.
After your order for Lightstream services is placed you’ll receive a bill for the full cost of your new service. However, we will apply the Voucher amount as a credit to your account. You will only need to pay the balance of any charges. If you have any questions, please contact us.
IMPORTANT: Please note that if you do not confirm to the DCMS that your service has been successfully installed in accordance with Clause 5 of the Special Terms, KCOM reserve the right to seek payment from you of an equivalent value to the Voucher.
Please see the scheme Terms and Conditions and the Special Conditions for more information.
KCOM takes privacy seriously. The personal data we collect, the way in which we will collect it and how we use that personal data will depend on the reason for which we have gathered it in the first place. For more information on how we will use personal data, please view our privacy notice.
Special Terms and Conditions
These Special Terms and Conditions will apply to your contract (the “Contract”) with KCOM for the delivery of Lightstream Services (the “Voucher Services”) you are applying to use your Voucher with (the “Voucher”).
These Special Terms and Conditions shall take precedence over any conflicting terms in our Universal Conditions of Service.
The Special Terms and Conditions are as follows;
- You agree that the information You have provided to Us in connection with Your application for a Voucher may be passed to and used by the DCMS and third parties as part of the Voucher scheme for the purposes of promoting any such scheme, making any related payments and processing any related grants. Any personal data provided by you shall be used in accordance with DCMS’s privacy statement located at https://gigabitvoucher.culture.gov.uk.
- You warrant, represent and undertake to Us that all of the information You have provided to Us in connection with Your application for a Voucher (including the information set out in any application form) is truthful, accurate and complete. You will co-operate with Us, the DCMS and relevant third parties in respect of any investigations made by Us, the DCMS or other third parties in connection with Your application for a Voucher. If You have provided any such information that is untruthful, inaccurate or incomplete, You may be required to re-pay the value of any Voucher you have received to either Us or the DCMS. In these circumstances, You will still be obliged to continue to take the Voucher Service for any unexpired part of its Initial Term.
- We will submit an application for a Voucher on your behalf to the DCMS. The DCMS shall send an email to the email address you have provided in Section 1 of this application form seeking your agreement to the application. You must respond to the email request from DCMS within 28 days or your application for a Voucher may be cancelled.
- If Your application for a Voucher is declined or rejected by the DCMS for any reason, We will contact You to ask if You wish to continue with the Contract without a Voucher. You will then be entitled to either;
- confirm that You wish to continue with the Contract, in which case You will continue to be bound by the Contract and will be liable to pay any installation costs and associated survey and equipment costs; or
- cancel the Contract, in which case the Contract will terminate and You will not be obliged to pay any Charges.
- We will then write to You to confirm the choice You have made.
- Payment of the Voucher will be made directly to us and not to you. The Voucher will be used to meet the installation costs and associated survey and equipment costs involved in delivering the Lightstream services to you. For the avoidance of doubt, you shall not receive any monies in respect of the Voucher and no cash alternatives shall be offered to you. We shall notify DCMS when your connection has been delivered. DCMS will contact you to confirm that your service has been installed before issuing a Voucher to Us. You will be required to make a declaration that the new service has been installed and is performing as expected. You must respond to the requests from DCMS within 28 days or your voucher may be cancelled. If the Voucher is cancelled we reserve the right to seek payment from you of an equivalent value to the Voucher. In addition to any other standard cancellation charges that are set out in our Universal Conditions for Residential Services.
- You agree to provide reasonable information and assistance to the DCMS to support the promotion of the Gigabit Voucher Scheme, including providing information for a case study and taking part in any scheme evaluation surveys.