Changing the router admin login details on your LightHub Zyxel XMG 3927 router is easy and helps keep your router secure.
How do I change my password?
- Connect a device to your Zyxel router using an Ethernet cable (recommended) or Wi-Fi.
- Open a new web browser and type 192.168.1.1 and press enter or go.
- You should now see a Zyxel screen asking you to Login - we'll explain where to find these details in the next step.
- To log into your router, you're going to need the username and password which you can find on the little card that comes with your router. This is normally located on the slot on the back.
Type in the username and login password, then select Login.
Password not working?
If this password doesn't work, you'll need to factory reset your router. To do this, find a pin and push it into the 'Reset' hole on the back of the router for 10 seconds. After a few minutes when your router has turned back on, go back to Step 1.
- Once you're logged into the router, you'll see the Home screen. This is where you get an overview of what's happening on your router. At the top right of the screen, select the three black lines to open the Menu.
- Select Maintenance then User Account.
- A page labelled User Account will load. Look for admin in the list and then click on the modify button on the right - this looks like a pencil and a piece of paper.
- You can now set your own password. To do this, type the current password in the Old Password box first. Now type your new password in the New Password and Verify Password boxes. Once you've finished, select OK at the bottom.
- Your router admin password has now been changed and you'll need to use this the next time you log into the router.