WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup and allows you to connect wireless devices at the push of a button. If WPS is currently switched on but you want to switch it off, this article explains how to do it.
Something to note
You can tell if WPS is turned on by looking at your Wi-Fi light (2.4G or 5G). It will be flashing amber or red.
Turning off WPS
- Connect a device to your Zyxel router using an Ethernet cable (recommended) or Wi-Fi.
- Open a new web browser and type 192.168.1.1 into your address bar and press enter or go
- You now need to login with your username and password. The username will be admin and the password will either be 1234, the admin password on the back of your router, or the password you set previously.
Now select Login.
Password not working?
If the password doesn't work, you may need to factory reset your router.
To factory reset the router, find a pin and push it into the 'Reset' hole on the back of the router for 10 seconds. After a few minutes when your router has turned back on, go back to Step 1.
- Now you're logged into the router, select Network Settings at the bottom of the page and then select Wireless.
- Select the WPS tab at the top of the page.
- Now you'll need to select Disable before pressing Apply at the bottom of the screen.
- WPS will now be disabled.