Below is a guide to help you connect a PS5 to the internet.
To connect your PS5 console to the internet, you can use either a wireless or wired connection to your router.
- Go to Settings > Network > Settings > Set Up Internet Connection
- Any wireless networks that your PS5 has found will be shown. Select the network you want to connect to and then adjust the settings and type in your wireless password. If you don't remember your wireless name or password, check out our guide here.
- If your network doesn't appear, select Set Up Manually and then type in your wireless details.
- Once you've finished setting up your internet connection, your PS5 should now be online.
- You'll need an Ethernet cable if you want to use a wired connection from your PS5 to your router.
- Plug one end of the cable into the back of your router - this will fit into one of the LAN ports. Next, plug the other end of the cable into the back of your PS5 console.
- Now go to Settings > Network > Settings > Set Up Internet Connection > Set Up Wired LAN
- If you select Connect and follow the on-screen prompts, the standard settings are automatically selected.
- Once you've finished this, your PS5 should now be online.
If you're having trouble connecting your PS5 to the internet, or you're seeing an error message, please see the PlayStation Support pages for more information.
If you believe the issue is with your home broadband, please see our guide here for help.